Are you a fan of marijuana edibles? Many people are! There are several distinctions, and perhaps advantages, for ingesting cannabis through the digestive system in comparison to smoking or vaping it.
When you eat cannabis you will not have to worry about any negative side effects that can occur by inhaling burnt, carbonized plant matter. Your lungs will simply not have any extra work, harsh hits and/or mucus production to worry about. And while smoked marijuana still doesn’t have a definite link to the promotion of lung cancer, inhaling burnt plant material can certainly cause chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (also known as COPD). However, you will not have to worry about these negative health possibilities at all if you choose to eat cannabis edibles rather than smoking them.
On top of these factors, marijuana edibles may pack an even more potent punch than smoked cannabis. This is because your digestive system metabolizes the cannabinoids in the marijuana plant in a radically different manner than when it is inhaled. When you eat cannabis, rather than smoking or inhaling it, much more of this cannabinoid known as Delta-9-THC gets metabolized by the liver directly and gets converted to 11-hydroxy-THC. This cannabinoid conversion in your body is why cannabis edible effects seem to take much longer to kick in but have the tendency to be much more potent.
Today, we are going to show you how to make your own weed brownies with coconut oil. The factor that makes this edible creation different than your typical cannabis treat is that we are going to use coconut oil to extract the THC from the marijuana, rather than the typical traditional butter extraction that is most commonly used. Are you ready to make your next marijuana edible? Let’s get started!
- 1 3/8 cups of coconut oil
- ½ ounce of cannabis
- 4 cups of water
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ¾ cup of flour
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 ½ ounces of unsweetened chocolate
The first thing you have to do is to infuse the coconut oil with the THC that is in your cannabis.
The best way to do this is with a slow cooker:
- Add 1 ¼ cups of oil, cannabis, and water to the slow cooker and let it simmer on low for roughly 4 to 8 hours.
- Strain the cannabis plant material from this concoction with a cheesecloth strainer over a large pot. This will allow the cannabis-infused oil/water mix to be collected in the pot.
- Chill this oil/water mix and the cannabis-infused coconut oil will rise to the top as a hard solid. Remove this solid and store in a different container.
This solid will be the cannabis-infused butter that is used in the rest of this weed brownie recipe.
- Line a baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Grease the aluminum foil with vegetable shortening or butter.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt ½ cup of cannabis-infused coconut oil and another 1/8 cup of untouched coconut oil with the unsweetened chocolate over low heat while stirring often. Once melted together, allow the mixture to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Stir the flour, salt, and cocoa powder together.
- Stir the brown sugar into the now-cooled chocolate/cannabis coconut oil mixture.
- Fully mix in the vanilla and eggs with this mixture.
- Thoroughly mix in the flour and salt mix with the rest of the mixture.
- Pour into the pan and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until the brownies are fully cooked.
- Allow the brownies to cool and then serve!
If you have any questions or want more clarification about this coconut oil weed brownie recipe, feel free to contact us any time at Black Bear Hemp! It would be our pleasure to help you!
LOVE EDIBLES? SHOP OUR CBD GUMMY BEARS!